When I was doing the blog posting for the Love My Cub sweepstakes, I stumbled on this recipe on the cub.com site. I even posted the recipe and said that I was going to make it. Well, I made it. We actually made this for dinner a couple of weeks ago, I’ve just been that busy!
This was really good. It was not only super simple to make but it was really good!
I’m not a fan of buying pre-cooked much of anything. I’d rather make it myself. However, when life calls for chicken tenders already in a bag, sometimes you just have to go with it. And I have to say these are some pretty good chicken tenders. Better than homemade? Maybe not, but when in a hurry why not.
Since making this recipe, we’ve had the chicken tenders quite a few times I have to say. It’s easy. It’s simple on busy sports nights.
- 28 frozen popcorn chicken bites or chicken nuggets (I used Tyson’s)
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package Penne Rigate
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Half & Half
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Essential Everyday Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Prepare chicken and pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add celery, onions and garlic; salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until celery is softened (about 5-7 minutes).
- Stir in half & half, feta cheese and hot sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 2-3 minutes. Add pasta and chicken; toss to coat. Continue simmering until heated through and sauce has thickened.
I hope you enjoy this. We had some crusty french bread with this and a side salad. Great dinner.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking 😉