This will be quick and easy. We were going to have tacos for dinner tonight, but then I changed my mind and decided to put it all on a plate and eat it with chips.
I don’t have much to say about this one, as I’m sure most people have had this before. Usually it’s an appetizer, but here, we ate it for dinner. I’m a fan of anything having to do with tacos, cheese, meat, sour cream, hot sauce with some onions and black olives!
All you have to do is throw your favorite ingredients together on a plate and dip those chips!
1 can of refried beans (fat free)
1lb of ground turkey (or hamburger) added 1 pkg of taco seasoning
shredded cheddar cheese
1 small onion, chopped
1 small can of black olives
Whatever your flavor just add it on.
I wasn’t in the mood to cook much for dinner tonight so we had this fun, quick and easy plate instead!
Have an awesome weekend and have fun with your food!
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking
A couple of days ago Craig and I were talking about what to have for dinner. I try to include him in the meal planning since he has a “different” taste for dinner than I do. We saw a commercial for Taco Bell – which I am NOT a fan of, but he likes their Chalupas. So I found a recipe online on how to make them.
I’m not sure how Taco Bell or any other restaurant gets them in the taco shape because I had a rough time with that. Craig even helped roll them out and cooked them. This one in the picture he got to fold in half, but then it fell apart.
I think it turned out pretty good. I might add some different spices to the breading next time. But for our first time, these turned out pretty good!
Here’s what you need:
- To make Indian Fry Bread Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening; then add milk.
- Shape dough into a long cylinder; cut into 8 equal parts.
- Flour hands, then work the pieces into 6″ tortillas.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- I used ground turkey for the taco meat and added our favorite toppings (meat, sour cream, cheese, onions and some hot sauce). If Craig wasn’t eating I may have had some refried beans and black olives!!
- I wonder if Taco Bell would tell me how they get theirs to fold over while frying!!!!!
- Have a great weekend.