Don’t forget everyone…. Enter to win free groceries at Cub. Follow the directions below and make sure you have THE best photo/video to win. Think of all the great recipes you can make with that kind of food!! Woot.
Here are the official rules again in case you need to have them or if you’re new to the sweepstakes!
Here is a list of the prizes:
PRIZES: One grand prize of $4,500 will be awarded to the winner. Four $45 Cub® gift cards will be awarded at random to fans who share our Photos or Videos. Use of Gift Cards is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize: Grand Prize: $4,500.00; Cub® gift cards: $45.00 each.
I’ll include a bit of the “how to” but make sure you read the entire official rules. (this applies to MN and Illinois residents only).
- Visit the Cub® page on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Cub).
- Click on the button to “Like” Cub’s Facebook Page.
- Click on the “Love Your Cub” contest app on the Facebook platform by clicking on the link to the Contest page.
- Enter the Contest by completing the entry form and uploading a video (“Video”) or photo (“Photo”) and description (“Description”).
- Check the box indicating your agreement to these Official Rules, and then click on the button to submit your entry.
- Get your friends to vote every day through September 29th
- Top 10 entries will be eligible for the grand prize and be chosen by a panel of judges including shopping experts, creative directors and employees of Cub.
Now on to the Raspberry Pavlova that I made last night. I had this little goody on stand by for a bit now. I couldn’t make it because it was so hot and humid outside that the meringue would have gotten too chewy. Yesterday was a perfect day. It went from being in the high 90s (very humid) to the low 70s. Yep, gotta love MN weather.
I will say that I wished mine turned out to be as pretty as the one that I watched on the video. BUT it didn’t matter. It was gone within an hour of cooling off and putting the toppings on it! We all loved it! Go figure that! When this was completely done it was about 4:30pm. I served up a piece for everyone and said: “Here’s dinner!!”. Not so lucky but we did have dessert before dinner last night.
I will try to make this again because I want to see if I can get it to turn out how it was pictured. That’s just how I am I guess.
I used to struggle with getting eggs to form a peak. But I’ve come a ways and didn’t have any problem. I used a metal mixing bowl and had my eggs at room temperature. Came out perfect the first try!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Raspberry Flavor Gelatin
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 banana sliced
- HEAT oven to 275ºF.
- COMBINE sugar and dry gelatin mix. Beat egg whites in medium bowl with mixer on high speed 5 min. or until soft peaks form. Add sugar mixture, 1 Tbsp. at a time, beating constantly until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in lemon juice and cornstarch until blended.
- SPREAD into 8-inch circle on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- BAKE 1-1/2 hours. Cool completely.
- TRANSFER meringue to plate just before serving; top with remaining ingredients.
- kraft kitchens tipsCOOKING KNOW-HOWFor best results, prepare meringue on a cool dry day. High humidity can result in a chewy sticky meringue. Top with COOL WHIP and fruit as directed just before serving. Substitute any berries, such as strawberries or blueberries, for the raspberries.
If you struggle with getting egg whites to form a peak, try again. Put your eggs out to room temperature and use a metal mixing bowl. I’m not sure where I hear that it works best with that type of bowl but I’ve had luck every since. Whipped right up for me. I tried to form a nice round shape but it expanded so much and there wasn’t a well for the cool whip like I’d hoped. Again, didn’t matter because no one seemed to care what it looked like, they just wanted more!
Have a great Tuesday. Go check out the Love My Cub contest, enter to win. Tell your friends on FB, Tweet about it. Enter, enter, enter to win.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking 😉