Oh my goodness. If you love fudge, you must try this. I had made this a couple of weeks ago and it didn’t turn out so well. I used white chocolate chips instead of white baking squares. So this time it settled and tasted ah-mazing!!!
I mentioned that we got home grown apples from Khali’s grandparents last week but this recipe called for dried apples. So we just keep eating those nummy apples for our snack right now! I’ll come up with another recipe soon for those apples.
In the past few years I’ve grown to love, love, love sweets. Not sure when this happened. And I’m not sure if I’m ok with it. Oh I do love eating it, I’m just not sure if I should be eating it. Sitting down with a pan of this fudge is dangerous. We have a saying that we have at work: Stay strong or indulge completely. Well I’ve tried my best to stay strong with sweets. Some days are just harder than others. And fudge is a favorite of mine.
The last time I made this I didn’t let the white chocolate melt completely. So try again and hope for success. Which is is!!!!
The chocolate baking bars instead this time.
Caramel. Need I say anymore? Nope.
Pour the caramel over the top and use a knife to swirl it in. Oh yum.
I sprinkled some cinnamon on the top before putting it in the fridge. Wow, this so good.
You have to try it if you love fudge. Well you should just try it because it’s good!!! Enough said. Just saying.
Of course you have to add a bit more caramel for your own piece. No one will know!
Enjoy your day and bake away!!
- • 3/4 cup apple cider
- • 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- • 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- • 3 cups sugar
- • 2 cups white chocolate chips
- • 3/4 cup dried apple, finely diced
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- • 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- • 1/4 cup caramel
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper (13×9 inch pan if you like your fudge thinner.) Set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine the first four ingredients, bring to a rolling boil and stir continuously for 4 minutes (because the mixture burns easily.) Remove from heat.
- Add white chocolate, dried apple, vanilla, and spices; blend well, stirring for several more minutes until chocolate is completely dissolved. Pour into baking dish. Heat Dulche de Leche in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to loosen. Drizzle or drop dollops around in the baking dish and swirl through with a dull knife for a marbled effect.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or overnight), until hardened.
- Remove parchment paper from pan and place on cutting board. Cut into squares.
- To store: fudge should be refrigerated, in a covered container, for up to one week.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking 😉