With fall weather come soup! Yay for soup.
I made this soup for myself a week or so ago and planned on having it for lunch for the week. I made the soup during the day and left it sitting on the stove when I took one of the kids to their practice. I had mentioned to Craig that we were having the Cinnamon Waffles for dinner that night, so he SHOULD have known that the soup wasn’t dinner. However, when I came home from sports, opened the pot of soup to put it in containers for myself, it was near empty except for the carrots sitting on the bottom. Yep, he ate it all but the carrots! I had nothing to eat for lunch. I assumed that the soup would be overlooked because of the green and orange things floating in the liquid! Nope!
So I made this for diner tonight. A not so hot day, a not so cold day. A day of church and Brooklyn’s first soccer game. Got home and put this together in just a matter of a half an hour!!!
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 9 ounce package cheese-filled spinach tortellini
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced into thin coins
- 1 6 ounce bag baby spinach
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. In a large pot, bring broth, water and Italian seasoning to a boil. Add the tortellini and simmer for 3 minutes. Add carrots and simmer for an additional 4 minutes. Stir in the spinach and simmer for 2 more minutes or until vegetables are tender and the spinach is wilted.
2. Ladle soup into bowls and serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215, Protein(gm): 9, Carbohydrate(gm): 37, Fat, total(gm): 4, Cholesterol(mg): 15, Saturated fat(gm): 3, Dietary Fiber, total(gm): 6, Sodium(mg): 1006, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
I threw some frozen bicsuits in the oven to dip in the soup. Great dinner! AND I have leftovers for lunch!!
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking