Apple. Cream Cheese Bread. Fall has hit here in MN. We went from being in the high 70s a week ago and now we’re in the 50s. And we know what’s coming next. I won’t say it but we know!!!
This is my favorite time of the year. Not only do I love the colors you see when driving down the street, but cooking seems to be easier to do when you can turn on the oven. I love grilling. I love the hot and sun, but I also love what this season brings.
This past weekend was little Miss Khali’s 2nd birthday. We traveled to WI and got a huge bucket of apples that came from her grandparent’s backyard!!
Can’t get any better than home made bread with some fresh home grown apples!!!
I made this on my lunch break and had it baking in the oven when the kiddo’s got home from school today. I was so hoping this would put them in a good mood. Yay, it worked.
We were supposed to have our football dinner tonight but it was changed to next week. So back to Taco Tuesday it was. Now Tacos and Apple bread may not sound like it goes well together, but it does. And it really didn’t matter. We ate half the loaf!
Getting the cream cheese portion ready.
This bread batter was pretty thick. But the cream cheese made it just right. I was a bit worried on how the bread would turn out. I’ve learned not to shy away from these types of recipes but I do still sit and worry if it’s going to turn out okay. When the kids like it, usually I can assume it a success.
Apples in bread!!!!
After pouring the cream cheese batter on the bread batter, you mix it all in with a knife to make a pretty cool design.
I added a bit more sugar and cinnamon to the top!! I do this when making banana bread and it always adds a sweet taste to the crust!
Fresh out of the oven!! I love fresh, warm bread right out of the oven. We all did (except Khali – she didn’t want to eat it!!).
If you’re looking for a great bread to try, this is an easy go to one.
How pretty is this!!!
- 2 apples (cut in small pieces or grate)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup flour (Kim used whole Wheat Flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning or cinnamon and nutmeg
- Cream Cheese:
- 6 ounce of cream cheese (room temp)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your loaf pan with “Pam” spray and line with parchment paper and spray that also. I like using the parchment paper because you can have the over hang of the paper on the sides and you can use that to help pull the entire loaf out of the baking dish.
- Using a mixing bowl add the oil and the sugar and mix. Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix again. In another smaller bowl add the measured flour, baking soda, salt and the spice. Whisk these all together then add to the egg mixture and mix. Add the grated apples and mix.
- In the smaller bowl combing the ingredients for the cream cheese mixture and blend.
- Place the batter in the prepared loaf pan then add all of the cream cheese mixture and spread around to cover the apple batter. Using a fork or knife, gently swirl the two layers together.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes. Watch so that you don’t over bake your bread. Kim covered her bread for the first 30 minutes with a tent made from foil. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes clean. Cool then slice and enjoy
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking