Ok so last week I had posted that I was trying to eat less processed foods. In my defense I did make these a bit ago! AND I will say again, all in moderation. I strongly believe that if you limit yourself completely, you’re only setting yourself up for failure. I believe this to be in all things with life.
So enjoy the good things. And enjoy good food, even if it means that you stray from what you shouldn’t eat for a day!
Besides that, these are too good to pass up. The kids loved helping make these. And they loved eating them just as much!!!
Just a few things were needed for these awesome appetizers.
Just take an egg roll wrapper and put some pepperoni in the middle, place your cheese stick in the middle and roll this like you would a burrito!!!
Place some parchment paper on a baking sheet and get them ready for the oven!!
How good do they look!!!!! And you don’t fry them either. They go right in the oven. So this isn’t quite so bad right!!
Ah-mazing!!! Must try. If you’re looking for a fun thing to have for Super Bowl Sunday, this would be a great idea. Or if you’re looking for something to do on Super Bowl Sunday and aren’t watching the game (kidding – kidding), then you can try these!! If you have kids, this is a great way to get them involved with helping out. They love to help and see the final product just as much, if not more than we do!!!
- low fat mozzarella string cheeses, cut in half, width-wise
- slices of sandwich pepperoni
- pizza sauce
- Egg roll wrappers
- Cooking Spray
- Additional pizza sauce for dipping
- You can make as many as you need for your family/friends. That’s why I didn’t put a quantity next to each item.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Next lay an egg roll wrapper down to where it is in a diamond shape and lightly brush both sides with water. These are often a bit dry so if you do not moisten it, they will crack when you try to roll them.
- Lay down 3 slices of pepperoni not quite in the middle of the wrapper but rather in the lower third of the wrapper.
- Next top with a slice of cheese.
- Begin rolling by taking the bottom and ‘tucking’ under the mixture.
- Bring in the sides and then continue rolling. I tend to take a dab more water to ‘seal’ the edges when I get to the end.
- Set aside and repeat for the remaining wrappers.
- Lightly spray the entire egg roll with cooking spray and set on the cooling rack.
- Bake for 6 minutes (or until the top is lightly golden brown), flip, spray again and bake for another 5-8 minutes until golden brown and crispy. The trick is to get them crispy right before the cheese starts to melt out.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with warmed pizza sauce.
Enjoy your week!!!!! Remember to always have fun when you’re in the kitchen.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking 😉