How many of you have been to the $5 dollar dinners website? I follow them on Facebook and saw that they were going to be doing 20 meals for $150. As soon as it posted I had to see what I could make for at least for this week! I typically don’t shop at once for that many meals but if you do then you’re in luck. You need to head on over and get those meals!! This is one of them that I found for this week.
I plan my meals not only on a budget but also on what my schedule for the week will be. Since I didn’t have anything going on this day, I knew I’d have time to spend on making something new. I had most of the ingredients on hand so if I had to guess on the cost, I’d say that this was pretty close to the $5. I had the spices, sour cream, butter, and cheese in my kitchen. Some little mouths aren’t a fan of tuna in the house so I substituted chicken instead. I got the rotisserie chicken instead of the can chicken and I just cut it up.
Mr. Caleb appears to be more interested in getting his loose tooth out than eating his dinner!!!!
Super easy to make. Super easy on your wallet. Super tasty too!
I’ve looked over the other 19 recipes from the $5 dinner website but I haven’t put them down for any days this week.
Taco Tuesday for us here and then on Wednesday hopping to make the Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes. You can’t go wrong with breakfast for dinner.
In fact, the other girl came over with Sam last night to have dinner with us. We had some breakfast quesadillas. Unfortunately neither of us took any pictures of what we made. Jodi made a nummy dessert with some crescent rolls, brown sugar, and some cinnamon chocolate chips! Not that often that we get to cooking together any more so I’m sorry we didn’t take the time to show you our fun. Trust me, we ate really well yesterday!
I hope you have a great week.
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles or other pasta
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour (I used whole wheat)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 containers of Oscar Meyer chicken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- about 1 lb. frozen Green Beans or corn
- Parmesan cheese
- Boil the pasta noodles as directed. Drain well and return to saucepan.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Whisk in the milk and whisk vigorously until flour “melts” into the milk. Whisk in the chicken broth. Bring to bubbling and then stir in the sour cream and cheese. Cook over medium-low heat until sauce bubbles and begins to thicken. Stir in the chicken, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sauce to the cooked noodles and toss well.
- Prepare frozen corn or green beans.
- Serve Cheesy Chicken Noodles with vegetable.
- I topped ours with some chives and some shredded Parmesan cheese.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking 😉