My aunt Judy and uncle Ken are moving to a warmer destination. For their going away party, I made a Tres Leches Cake (milk cake).
Since I had never made this cake before, it was suggested that I try a piece before others taste it. You know, to make sure it’s good! And it was. Very good. Moist, which is what the milk did!!
I don’t think I’m going to get to show a picture of the cake on a plate, unless I take it at the party! Which may be a great idea now that I think about it!!
I was asked if it was a good idea to bring a cake that I had never had before to a party! So I did cut a piece and make sure that it was party suitable. It is.
Very easy to make. The frosting on top, love it.
Here’s my aunt Judy and me at the party!!
And my Uncle Ken, Aunt Judy and my cousin Camille.
And Camille made some pretty awesome cupcakes for the party too!!!
How cute are those? And they tasted pretty dang good.
Well, Judy and Ken will be off to their next journey in life!! I’m excited for them. My plan is to visit…often. Judy said I could. Hoping you remember that!!!
I love you Aunt Judy and Uncle Ken. Many blessings on your new adventure.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream butter or margarine and the 1 cup sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time; mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Pierce cake several times with a fork.
- Combine the whole milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
- Whip whipping cream, the remaining 1 cup of the sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla together until thick. Spread over the top of cake. Be sure and keep cake refrigerated, enjoy!
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking