Last week my friend Heidi had told me about this dish that she made. She said it was super easy and her family liked it. Now, that meant I was going to like it. Taking a 50/50 shot here that the others in my home would as well.
Those that have followed long enough know that there are certain people that are just picky (that would be Brooklyn), there are certain people that will eat some and then are just picky (that’s Caleb), then there’s another that is just as picky as Brooklyn (that would be Craig) but will always ask what my back up plan is. I don’t have a back up plan. A sandwich is their back up plan. Mine is to enjoy what was made and love it because it was made from love, hard work…..Yeah that won’t work!
Last night Caleb had football. He was so excited because he got to wear his helmet, pads and all. He actually tried it on for me a few times yesterday. So when it came down to dinner, he was all set to play. I’m not sure how he ate with all of that limiting movement stuff on!!!
Man, kids grow up too fast. I told him yesterday to stop. He asked me how is he supposed to do that!!! Time goes by so fast. Tackle football? Oh boy, I’m a bit nervous.
Anyhow!! This was a super easy meal to make. However, sometimes I tend to be a major multi-tasker and skimmed a bit too fast when it said how to put the meal together. Woops. It still turned out great and it tasted the same (I’m sure)!
Here’s a peek at some of the food while it’s cooking!!
Here’s the ground turkey and water boiling!
Here’s the meat and tomato sauce..
The pasta…almost dinner time!!
- 1-1/4 pound Ground Turkey
- 1 can 15-ounces Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 ounces, weight Egg Noodles
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1-1/4 cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 chives
- 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground turkey in a large skillet. Add tomato sauce. 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir. Add chives and stir.
- To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.
I didn’t have any crusty french bread to go along with this but I sure wish I did. We’re not much on bread here (me mostly due to the carbs) but there are times when you wish you had it and this was it.
I am thankful to Heidi for sharing this with me! I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours!!
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking 😉