This may seem like a pretty hearty meal for the end of April. But as I said in one of my last posts, it’s been fall/winter here still (with the exception of last weekend). So when you see something coming from the kitchen that would normally be made in fall or winter, well we’re still sort of stuck in that season here in MN!!
When I find new things to make and it looks good, I am willing to give it a try. Within my picky people pallet eaters here in the house! This didn’t have anything that was green or orange or too spicy, so it was a go. But I do love hearing the question: “Is this something new you’re trying here? And what’s the back up plan if it doesn’t turn out?” Which really means, what if I don’t like it!!!
Well I don’t usually have a back up plan. Not that I haven’t messed up a meal or two, but I just don’t usually have a back up plan. And this was a meal the picky people eaters happened to like.
I loved the way the chicken turned out with the panko crust. One of my favorite ways to bread chicken!!! I get nervous frying chicken in a pan because I always feel like I’m going to under cook it, but it turned out great!!! This was easy to make and had tons of great flavor!!!
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Two Girls Cooking – Patricia 😉
- 10-12 oz. penne or ziti pasta
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt more or less to taste
- 1 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese separated
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and cut into strips
- 3/4 cup bacon cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- bread crumbs
- Cook pasta according to its package’s directions. Drain. I always add a little olive oil after I drain it and stir in around so the pasta noodles don’t stick together or the pot.
- Heat cream cheese on stove over medium low heat until melted. Stir in heavy cream. Stir until completely combined. Add onion powder and garlic salt until it tastes how you would like it to. Stir 1 cup of cheese until smooth consistency.
- In a 9×13, layer noodles, chicken, bacon and ham. Pour sauce over top. Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until heated through.