The doesn’t look like an average cheeseburger, I know. And it doesn’t have a bun on the top and the bottom. But it does taste like a good cheeseburger!! I think you could add even more of the burger condiments but I chose not to. Maybe some onions and some mustard!! The pickle relish added great flavor, but what about putting some actual pickle slices on it too! Huh..maybe next time!
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked, drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 1/2 cups shredded American cheese (6 oz)
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch skillet, mix beef and ketchup. Heat over medium-high heat until hot, stirring occasionally. Stir in relish and 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon into ungreased 9- or 10-inch glass pie plate. (I don’t have glass pie plates so I used my cake pans)
- Separate dough into 8 triangles; roll up 1 inch on shortest side of each dough triangle. Place dough on top of meat mixture in spoke pattern with points towards center. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
When I find something new I always get asked two questions. 1. Have we had this before? 2. What’s the back up plan!!
The answer to number 1 is usually no, we haven’t. For number 2 there really isn’t a back up plan. If it’s not like, there is bread and lunch meat in the fridge!!
I doubled the ingredients so I could feed my family of 7. Or if you have big eaters, one pan may not be enough.
Two Girls Cooking – Patricia 😉