I love finding recipes that are easy to make and even nicer on the wallet. I’m not sure if you’ve heard of $5 Dollar Dinners website, but they have so many recipes that are inexpensive and great tasting. That’s where I found this one for the Pot Roast.
Here’s hoping with the flu that’s been around we can deal with a hearty meal. I’m thinking we should be just fine!!
Here’s what you need:
- 3 lb boneless beef roast
- (1) 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- (1) 1 ounce package ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (left out the onions because some people just won’t learn to like them!!)
Here’s what you do:
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle package of ranch dressing mix and chopped onion over top of roast. Add cream of chicken soup.
- Cook on low approximately 6-8 hours (I have a slow cooker that has a 4 hour setting. It usually cooks quicker than the 4 hours. So it just depends on how fast your cooker cooks)
This is another great winter meal that will fill you up and keep you feeling warm and cozy. Ok well at least the full part!!!
I would maybe even add some raw carrots to the cooker if people would eat the carrots. But they don’t, so I didn’t!! This will be served with a side vegetable and most likely some rice (which I complain about being a waste of carbs – so I skip it)!!
Enjoy this one. It’s got great flavor. Make sure it doesn’t cook too long or it’ll dry out!! And you can’t go wrong with meat in a slow cooker. Not much work involved at all.
Two Girls Cooking – Patricia 😉