I have been so busy with the kids and sports and work that I haven’t had time to even eat! Ok so I’m joking a bit. I have been really busy and life is taking some time to slow down so that I can get back into the swing of things with posting.
I have so many photos or new recipes that I’ve made and just got lost in the day. Work, pick up kids, come home, cook dinner, get the kids out to their sports by a certain time, come home, do homework, get baths ready, bed time. Then the next day held the same. This went on for a couple of months for 6 days per week. Basketball is up next but hoping that only takes one day of the week up!!!
Jodi had sent me an email where you can register to get a free gift from Progresso. Free. Food. I got a can of the Progresso Recipe starters and made some Chow Mein (post to come later). But last night I made Chicken Ragu with Parsley Dumplings. Oh. My. Word. Awesome flavor. I wish I would have made a double batch because two bowls were plenty, but I wanted more.
Super simple to make! Nothing better right!!!
- 1 can (7.5 oz) Pillsbury® Golden Layers® refrigerated tender layer buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cans (18 oz each) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic with chicken stock cooking sauce
- 3 cups cubed deli rotisserie chicken (I used the Oscar Meyer Rotisserie Chicken – already cut up for you)
- 1 bag Birds Eye Steam Fresh Asian Medley (I replaced this from the original recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each biscuit in half. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat cooking sauce, chicken, stirfry blend, marjoram and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Quickly place biscuit pieces in single layer over boiling stew. Sprinkle top of biscuits with paprika and parsley. Cover tightly. Reduce heat; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are no longer doughy.
As I said the flavor of this was amazing. I got a few recipes for this week with the new Progresso Recipe Starters.
When the kids saw the bag of vegetables out on the counter I got an immediate “gross”. But once they tasted it, they were asking for more!
I’m so glad to at least post something this week. I so miss being on here and sharing.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking 😉