I have a co-worker/friend that has been giving me several ideas for dinner. She makes them and shares them with me. I’ve asked her many times to take photos and give me her directions so she can be a guest blogger. But she is either blog shy or she really does forget to do so. Maybe she can see this and leave a comment!! Right Heidi!!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 15 oz container of ricotta cheese (I used low-fat) (I used cottage cheese instead – some aren’t ricotta cheese fans)
- 1/2 cup homemade or store-bought pesto sauce
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup of your favorite chunky marinara sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add flour and stir until mixed. Let cook for a minute.
- Stream in the milk, whisking until completely smooth.
- Add salt and pepper, and then cook until thickened.
- Place 1/4 cup of white sauce in the bottom of an 8×8 pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the chicken, ricotta, 1/4 cup mozzarella, pesto, salt, and pepper.
- Spread ~1/3 cup of the ricotta mixture over each lasagna noodle and roll up. Place the roll in the prepared pan.
- Repeat for the remaining noodles.
- Spoon the remaining white sauce over the lasagna rolls.
- Spoon the red sauce over the lasagna rolls and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for ~30 minutes, until hot, bubble, and the cheese begins to brown.
These were really good. We all really liked these. I made 8 of them because I thought the kids might eat two. They didn’t. I should have made more of the white sauce to spread through my bigger pan. Maybe next time!! Great pasta dinner. The pesto was amazing.
Stop by Jason and Shawnda’s site. This isn’t the first recipe I’ve gotten from them.
Yields: 6 servings
Estimated time: 45 minutes
Per Jason and Shawda: This post was sponsored by Sargento Cheese. I was compensated for the ingredients used and my time. As always, all opinions are expressed are ours.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking