I was in the mood to have some chocolate chip cookies. I just so happened to be at the store the other day and saw Raspberry M&Ms right before my eyes. Then I thought to myself that bars would be a better choice with those bright pink pieces of candy. I haven’t even tried these M&M’s before but thought you can’t go wrong with Raspberry anything. Or candy if you ask me!!!
I found this pretty basic recipe for the bars and here they are. Pretty, dang, good.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1-3/4 cups plain M&M’s, divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Bear in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips and 1 cup of M&M’
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle with the remaining M&M’s. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Cookie bars are good for just about any occasion. I have no special occasion other than I wanted to eat some! I’ve been doing really well this past week so we are due for a good, sweet treat. These M&Ms are the best! I’d have another one if it wasn’t near 10:30pm…not supposed to eat this late. But they are really good. The picky man says so too. Of course he loves the sweets!
We enjoyed these with some fruit smoothies tonight!
1 serving (1 each) equals 232 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking 😉