While on my search for healthier foods, I found this chicken dinner. I was ready to have the Chicken Cordon Bleu that I had made before. As I said I went online in search of diabetic recipes (I am not diabetic but trying to lower my sugar intake). And this was the best way I could think of to find recipes.
I found this on Food.com and thought I’d give it a try!
Now don’t get me wrong, I do have some things planned to post that may not be the best as far as health wise goes, but all things in moderation I was told again today (thanks Heidi).
So here’s our Lemon Caper Chicken.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 thinly-sliced thinly-sliced boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons whole wheat flour, divided
- 1 medium shallots, minced (I LEFT THIS OUT BECAUSE MY FAMILY DOESN’T LIKE THEM)
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (I HAD DRIED PARSLEY SO USED THIS INSTEAD)
- Warm oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pat chicken breasts with paper towels to thoroughly dry. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then lightly coat with flour, using about 1 tsp for each breast. (I DECIDED TO GRILL THE CHICKEN TODAY INSTEAD OF FRYING IN A PAN. I ADDED A CHICKEN BREAST SPRAYED WITH COOKING OIL AND SOME BROCCOLI TO A FOIL PACK).
- Lay chicken in skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown, gently pressing down on breast to ensure equal browning. Reduce heat to medium. Turn breasts; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove breasts to a serving platter. (SEE ABOVE ON GRILLING)
- Reduce heat to low; add shallots and capers to skillet. Cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add broth and juice, cook 1 minute, until incorporated and thickened, stirring. Stir in parsley, pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately.
Have a happy day.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking 😉
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 60
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 6.7g
Saturated Fat 1.2g