It’s the weekend, I just got paid…Just kidding (If you know me well, you know my stupid sense of humor – some find it funny, most probably don’t).
It’s that time for the weekly shopping list to be done and head out to do my least favorite thing….grocery shop. I dislike trying to come up with a weekly menu that will please everyone but I dislike making that list as well. Most times it takes me over an hour just to come up with what to feed these people.
And I have done my best to come up with something new at least, at least once a week. This week is going to be good! Well, I think it will be good anyways!
Everyone loves pulled pork sammies right!!!
Makes 8 Servings
- 2½ pounds pork loin, trimmed of fat and cut into 3 pieces
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch dice (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced into ½-inch wedges
- One 12-ounce jar barbecue sauce
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Add the pork, carrot, red bell pepper, onion, and barbecue sauce to a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker and stir to combine (you can also add half the barbecue sauce now and stir in the rest when the dish is done). Cover and cook on low until the pork is tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- When the meat is done, remove from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Use two forks to pull the meat into shredded pieces.
- Stir the meat back into the slow cooker until it is well combined with the sauce (the vegetables virtually disappear). Divide the pork mixture evenly between the hamburger buns and serve.
Nutrition Information per Serving (1 sandwich): 400 calories, 11g fat (3.5g saturated), 46g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 570mg sodium, 30g protein, 60% vitamin A, 50% vitamin C, 15% iron
I have to say that the flavor of the BBQ sauce and the pork…Oh..My…Goodness. This was an awesome sammie by far!!! I added some sliced swiss cheese and some pickles to top it off. Delicious.
Enjoy your weekend.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking