We had Jodi’s baptism today and got plenty of good food to eat. I was hesitant to cook a big dinner, but it’s later in the day and meatloaf had it’s name all over our dinner plate.
If it’s one thing I can get everyone to eat is something stuffed with cheese! And I usually make my meatloaf in the slow cooker, but found this on Pinterest (as I have many great pictures and recipes) and thought I’d give this a try. Mostly the same ingredients, but done a bit different.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/3 cup of Italian Style bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread, eggs, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix with your hands until well blended. Place on a 12- x 16-inch piece of wax paper and pat firmly into a 10- x 12-inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese and scallions; mix well. Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over ground beef. Roll up jelly roll-style, starting from the short end, by lifting wax paper and removing the paper as you roll. Seal ends well. Place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Pour half of barbecue sauce over beef roll and bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven, pour remaining sauce over roll, and return to oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains. Remove from oven and allow to stand 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
I only put the scallions on top of MY side of the loaf because, well is there really a reason to say why!!
I love a great hearty meal to end the weekend with.
Have a great week.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking