Happy Valentine’s to you all.
I have one more post for this holiday…
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oil an 8 cup muffin tin, or use paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, and egg. Beat lightly. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
- Fill muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until the tops bounce back from the touch. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting you need:
- 8 oz. cream cheese strawberry flavor, at room temperature
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. powdered sugar, siften
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat just to combine. Add sifted powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Place mixture in a piping bag fitted with a large plain round tip. Pipe cream cheese “kisses” onto the top of each muffin.
I hope your Valentine’s Day is as sweet as these are.
Patricia – Two Girls Cooking