Today was the first day of school for us! Fall is definitely in the air already. We’ve gone from one extreme to the other. From hot and humid to needing a warm jacket on while walking to the bus stop in the morning.
I found this post online last week while looking for something new to make for the week, but also something that I could put together quick and cook after our busy day/night. I came across this recipe on Kraft’s website.
After work today I had to pick up the kids from school, bet one of them to the eye doctor, run home quick to let the dogs outside, go to soccer practice by 6pm for an hour. Since the kids have started sports, that’s how at least 4 our of 5 days of the week are for us now, so I wanted something I could throw in the oven and eat when we got home (I refuse to go to McDonald’s every night!).
I am fortunate enough to work from home, so during my 15 minute break, I prepared this, stuck it in the fridge and had it ready to go when we got home.
I am always a bit nervous intruding something new to the family (not because they tend to be on the picky side or anything) but they ALL liked this one. So not only did I have a good dinner tonight, but I know that I get to make this again at some point! Score one for me!
Simple and easy to make and not much needed for this meal.
- 1 jar
- (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can
- (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained – I used tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup
- 2 pkg.
- (1 lb. each) frozen cheese frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 pkg.
- (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Italian* Five Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA – I used mozzarella shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp.
- KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and water; spoon 1 cup onto bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Layer half the ravioli and 1 cup shredded cheese over sauce. Top with remaining ravioli and sauce mixture. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese; cover.
- Bake 30 min.; uncover. Bake 15 min. or until ravioli is tender and heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Let stand 10 min
- Serving SuggestionRound out this easy dish with a crisp mixed green salad tossed with your favorite KRAFT Light Dressing.
- Buying the right ravioliUse large round or square ravioli for this dish, about 12 per lb.
- Special ExtraAdd 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained, between ravioli layers.